Arnold Schwarzenegger was an inspiration to one and all during his bodybuilding days in the 70′s, and he believed that a proper diet consisted of eating proper nutritious food, and was the core of bodybuilding principles. Proper nutrition along with intensive training was the key to gain weight according to him.
Arnold Schwarzenegger believed that bulking up is a sure way to gain mass. By keeping fat content low and keeping a record of what you consume, you can easily gain 12 pounds of pure muscle mass in an year.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Diet Plan
- Arnold always maintained that bodybuilding was much like any other sport-to be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach
- He said that bodybuilding is just not a single event endaevor, but a continuous process which involved all three components-training, diet and mental approach.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger followed some heavy calorie days and mixed them with some light calorie days so as to make sure that the metabolism did not slow down.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was of the view that diet should consist of natural whole food rather than processed food, as nature knew more about making foods digestible than scientists knew.
- Arnold ate small, high protein foods throughout the day, around 30-50 gms of protein every 3 hours. (Consult your doctor before you start too )
- He used to consume a large amount of dairy, meats and whole eggs during his bodybuilding days.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Bodybuilding, Diet And Nutrition Tips:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger recommends eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day, as this keeps the metabolism going and prevents binging and overeating.
- He recommends eating carbs around half an hour to one hour after workouts to replenish the energy lost during the workout.
- Rest is needed for the muscles to repair themselves. Arnold suggests 3 days of rest per week.
- The body and the brain need rest too. Sleep a minimum of 8 hours daily.
- Contrary to popular beliefs, Arnold advises against avoiding unsaturated fats as they raise hormone levels.
- He prohibits eating more than 3 eggs a day.
- Arnold advises to substitute beef and pork with chicken and fish.
- Avoid sugar- it contains empty calories. Arnold advises to eat fruits and vegetables for carbs instead
- Use supplements and protein shakes to get the required daily amount of protein. Consult your doctor before starting.
For Arnold Schwarzenegger workout, kindly refer the link: