The Cable Crossover, or in short, the Cable Cross, is an effective exercise to give a proper shape to the chest,and also for finishing a Chest workout. The best thing about this exercise is that you can work different parts of your chest by varying the tilt of your body.
CORRECT FORM OF CABLE CROSSOVER
Video: Cable Crossover
- On a Cable Cross machine,stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width,and your back towards the machine.
- A cable cross machine looks like this.
- Grab hold of both the handles,select a light weight,bend your elbows a little and bend at the waist.You will look like a “T” at this moment.
- Take a deep breath in,squeeze your abdominal muscles and bring your arms towards each other,as if you are going to hug a tree.
- Make sure both the arms travel in the same line till your hands meet.
- Once your hands meet each other,squeeze your chest for a count of 2 and, keeping the movement under control,reach back to starting position,and stretch your chest.
- Make sure your shoulders are relaxed and your back is straight.