Exercises are a very big component of staying fit and active. In addition to keeping you looking good, staying fit and active promotes health, wellness, vitality and positive mental health. People often just look at exercises as being useful for weight loss or sculpting muscle. While having a healthy and fit body that is aesthetically pleasing is secondary, the health benefits of exercises cannot be overstated. Whether you work out at home or outside, there are a few types of exercise that stand out from the rest, that can keep you healthy both mentally and physically.
Exercises Which Keep The Mind and Body Fit
Elliptical machines are one of the most popular types of home gym equipment.
- Cardiovascular exercises in general can promote a fantastic mood, apart from slimming your hips and build up some lean muscle.
- Instead of going to the gym and using the elliptical machine consider purchasing one to use at home.
- The motion of ellipticals makes it less stressful on joints or knees in comparison to other exercises. It also works out your arms and legs.
- In addition to going forward you can go in reverse and work your glutes.
- The fact that the elliptical machine is low impact and a calorie blaster makes it a leader among home gym equipment.
- The cardiovascular nature of the elliptical exercises helps boost endorphin levels-which promote a good mood.
- You can increase your motivation by listening to your favorite tunes while exercising!
Hiking may not be the first thing that you think of when considering exercises to perform, but it should be on your list.
- It not only promotes heart health due to it being aerobic activity, but also can help workout and stretch your muscles.
- Most importantly, it is a treat for the senses and helps promotes a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Hiking is always a great workout and there is often a beautiful scenery. This can incite a feeling of peace and also being one with nature.
- Sometimes people set out on a hike as a way to clear their heads and it can be quite effective for that. You can maybe even look at wild animals or hike around a body of water.
- The physical benefits are extensive as well, especially if you are hiking along a particularly rough terrain. Head up a steep trail and you will feel muscles used that you may have never felt before!
Surfing is a non-traditional outdoor sport that is a powerful stress reducer.
- While it isn’t something that everyone can do, those that have access to big waves should take advantage of it.
- The excitement and self-esteem associated with surfing can help reduce fatigue and help shake off negative thoughts.
- Being in the water in general can truly help boost mood. Surfing is also a cardiovascular workout and helps to sculpt washboard abs and rock-hard legs.
While regular running outside or on treadmills is an amazing exercise, interval training steps things up a bit.
- Interval training burns more calories even after you’re done working out in comparison to steady state running.
- Interval training can be less boring than traditional running which makes you want to stick with it longer.
There are a few different ways to do interval exercises. If you are just getting started, try running for one minute and resting for one minute. As you gain strength and build stamina, you can increase your running time and decrease your rest periods.
Whatever exercises you choose, it’s important you do them. The benefits of exercises on the body and mind are too vast to ignore!
NOTE:- This post was written by Jim Rollince, who blogs at Gym Source. Check out some additional resources by him.