Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan is well known for his acting skills as well his well amazing well built and sculpted body, which sends the heartbeats of his female fans racing. His height is 5’11” and weight is 72 kg. Probably the fittest actor in Bollywood, Hrithik Roshan lends an insight into his workout.
Hrithik Roshan Workout
Hrithik Roshan believes it is not important to workout all days of the week, rather keep the workout to 4-5 days, 3 days of which he himself concentrates on cardio-exercises
- He mostly concentrates on weight training and if time is available, does cardio exercises three times a week. He says that even he body needs rest, and working out daily can be harmful.
- He starts his day at 6 sharp, with jogging and then starts his workout, concentrating on each body part separately and does special workouts designed for each body part.
- While travelling, Hrithik Roshan uses imported pressure pull machines, which help him workout during free moments, such as during flights. They form a part of his entourage, along with dumbbells.
Bodybuilding Tips From Hrithik Roshan
- He does not believe in overstraining the body. He also does not use supplements to pump up his muscles.
- He lays stress on cardio exercises, as they are good for the heart and help build muscles.
- Hrithik Roshan recommends abdominal crunches, about 200 a day, which he says will help in getting a washboard stomach.
- Jogging and swimming twice a week is advised by him to keep the body flexible.
Hrithik Roshan Workout Schedule under Kris Gethin
Coming off a back injury, Hrithik Roshan needed to lose weight fast to portray the role of a superhero in Krrish 3. After suffering a double slipped disk, he fed on cupcakes and all what he should not have, leading to a point where he got off the bed with a 36.5″ waist and high and low blood pressure.
- He came across Kris at a body-builders meet, and rest is history. He lost 6 inches from his waist in 10 weeks, plus ~10 kgs (22 pounds). His workout incorporated cardio, CrossFit and weight training.
Day 1: Chest, Back and Calves
- Dumbbell Bench Press: 3 warm up sets, 2 working sets. 6-10 reps each
- Incline Dumbbell Fly: 2 sets. 8-10 reps
- Cable pulldown: 1 warm up set, 3 working sets. 8-10 reps each
- Bent over Barbell Rows: 3 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Back Extensions: 2 sets. 8-10 reps each
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets. 20 reps each
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets. 20 reps each
Day 2: Legs
- Leg Presses: 3 warm up sets, 4 working sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Seated Leg Tucks: 3 working sets. 12-15 reps each.
- Lying Leg Curls: 2 warm up sets, 3 working sets. 12-15 reps each.
- Leg Extensions: 2 warm up sets, 2 working sets. 18-20 reps each.
- Hack Squats: 3 working sets. 15-20 reps each.
Day 3: Hrithik Roshan was told to take the day off.
Day 4: Shoulder, Abs, Calves
- Seated Military Press: 2 warm up sets, 3 working sets. 6-8 reps each.
- Side Lateral Raises: 1 warm up set, 3 working sets. 12-15 reps each.
- Upright Rows: 3 sets. 7 reps each.
- Reverse Flies: 7 sets. 12-15 reps each.
- Sit Ups: 3 sets. 15-20 reps each.
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets. 20 reps each.
- Standing Calf Raises: 2 sets. 18-20 reps each.
Day 5: Arms
- Dumbbell Pullovers: 2 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Cable Rope Triceps Extension: 3 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Lying Triceps Extension: 3 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 3 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Straight Arm Pulldown: 7 sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Concentration Curls: 2 warm up, 3 working sets. 10-12 reps each.
- Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 2 warm up, 3 working sets. 10-15 reps each.
- Biceps Curls: 3 sets. 15-20 reps each.
Also See: Hrithik Roshan Body,Fitness And Diet
Ajay Devgan | Arnold Schwarzenegger | Batista | Bradley Cooper | Brock Lesnar | Cristiano Ronaldo | Gerard Butler | Hugh Jackman | Jay Cutler | Jay Sean | John Abraham | John Cena | Justin Bieber | Ranbir Kapoor | Randy Orton | Reggie Bush | Ronnie Coleman | Ryan Reynolds | Salman Khan | Taylor Lautner | The Rock | Tom Cruise | Triple H | Vin Diesel | Will Smith