Salman Khan, born on December 27,1965 as Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan, is an Indian film actor and one of the hottest bachelors on the planet (Yes, 45, hot and yet a bachelor). In 2004, Salman Khan was adjudged the 7th best-looking-man in the world, and the best looking Indian by the People magazine. Salman Khan had his shares of ups and downs, the most famous being the highly publicised break-up with Aishwarya Rai and the black-buck killing case. However, his physique was one which all other actors wanted to imitate, and he has been accredited with bringing in the fitness revolution in the film industry, helping make male leads the objects of desire for women. Lets go into the details of how Salman Khan turned himself into the “Shirtless Wonder”
Salman Khan Workout
Salman Khan follows a workout routine of high intensity cardio and weight training. People have attributed his buff look to steroids, but the fact is Salman Khan has lots of strength and stamina, and is known to perform around 1000 push ups and 2000 sit ups a day !!! On a day when his mood takes over him, Salman Khan has been known to go cycling to Panvel, a place nearby, for 3 hours. That is pure tough guy material !!
Apart from this, Salman Khan is known to spend 2 hours in the gym, concentrating on 2 body parts a day, and is also known to perform around 500 crunches, pull ups and chin ups. (Believe us. We aint inventing this stuff) This is what is known as “old-style body building”, and it sure is amazing and effective for developing strength .
Salman Khan is very strict when it comes to working out and will always find time to workout, sometimes even at 2 or 3 in the morning. Even in the gym, if someone approaches him for an autograph or a picture, Salman Khan tells them to wait till he finishes his workout. Salman never lets his concentration wander. Getting 6 pack abs is one thing. Maintaining them is another. Salman Khan also advises never to cheat on your diet. Getting an Audi and feeding it adulterated fuel will get you no where.
In a recent contest organised for the promotion of his movie “Veer”, Salman Khan gave out the following tips which help him keep fit. (We have already told them, its a summary)
- Cycle as often as you can- Whenever Salman Khan has time, he cycles for 3 hours.
- Push Ups and Sit Ups- Dont start with 1000 push ups and 2000 sit ups. Start with a few, increasing your strength and number of repetitions day by day.
- Workout- Salman Khan works out for 2 hours, one hour of cardio and one hour on strength training, focussing on 2 body parts- either triceps, biceps, legs, back or chest.
- Abs-olute wonder- Apart from Pull ups and Chin ups, Salman Khan also does close to 500 crunches !!
Salman Khan: A Demo Workout Schedule
The following is a demo workout schedule, similar to the one which Salman Khan is said to be following.
Monday-Wednesday-Friday: Weight Training:
- Start with 5 minutes of warm with exercises like jumping jacks, squats and push ups, on a cushioned surface.
- To focus on your leg and back muscles, start with DEADLIFT. If you are starting out, choose light weights and complete about 4 sets of 10 repetitions each.
- For bulging biceps and a big chest, move on to Flat Bench Press and Incline Bench Press. Follow it with Overhead Press or Shoulder Press for the shoulders. Do max 15 repetitions in each of the 4 sets.
Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday: Cardio and Abs:
- Start with a sprint on the treadmill for 15 minutes (Yes SPRINT. Not the type where you can talk to your neighbour about politics and world peace)
- Remember to workout your abs 3-4 times a week. The abs exercises are very crucial !!
- Crunches, Reverse Crunches, Back Extensions, Oblique Crunches, all should be done atleast 25 times in each set. Do about 3-4 sets of each exercise.