The weight loss of Sonam Kapoor was the most talked about point in Bollywood till some recent times. Studying in Singapore, the 5’10” tall Sonam Kapoor weighed 86kgs, and had junk food and did not care about what she ate. This not only made Sonam Kapoor overweight, but also fat. She never planned a career in films, so she never really cared about her weight. However, soon Sonam Kapoor started a weight loss program and lost around 30 kg, to her now svelte figure., after she started assisting a director in films.
Sonam Kapoor Weight Loss
Sonam Kapoor said that it was quite irritating to have a family full of fit people. She recounts how her father, Anil Kapoor, would call her papita (papaya) and compare her to Latina women in New York because of her “sagging bum”.
According to Sonam, her mother was the chief guide of her weight loss program
- She says that her mother was the chief architect of her weight loss and kept her away from over-eating and foods she loved- chocolates, ice creams, fried food and junk food.
- Sonam started her day by sipping warm water with some honey in it.
- She started having 6 small meals in a day, which are low on carbs and high on proteins.
- She also likes to drink lots of liquids throughout the day, like lime water, coconut water and buttermilk.
Sonam Kapoor Diet
Breakfast- Her day starts with sipping warm water with a little honey in it. She has egg white omelette, oatmeal, toast and a seasonal fruit for breakfast. She sometimes goes in for idli and poha.
Post Workout- Post workout, she has brown bread with egg whites (protein!!!) and follows it up with protein shakes and juice.
Lunch- Lunch consists of dal, sabzi, rotis and salads. Once in a while, she has white rice too, and sometimes she will have grilled chicken and fish along with her diet too.
Snacks- Sonam has egg whites with brown bread as snacks.
Dinner- She has a soup, grilled chicken/fish along with a protein shake.
Sonam Kapoor Weight Loss Tips
- Try eating small meals every two hours. It helps to keep the metabolism active throughout the day.
- Reduce caffeine intake, and trade coffee with green tea.
- Avoid oily food and sweets in your diet as much as possible.
- Increase your intake of fluids and stick to a diet and make no excuses for not following it.
- Never binge on anything, but eat everything in moderation. Dont completely ignore your cravings, but take everything in moderation.
- Salt and sweet are silent killers, so take them in moderation. Take natural liquids like coconut water and cucumber juice instead of aerated drinks.
- Sonam Kapoor does not believe in crash dieting, but rather says one should eat in moderation and remain healthy.
ALSO SEE: SONAM KAPOOR WORKOUT
If you liked Sonam Kapoor and her weight loss diet, you will like the diets of these celebs too !!
Angelina Jolie | Bipasha Basu | Britney Spears | Halle Berry | Jennifer Aniston | Jessica Alba | Jessica Biel | Kate Middleton | Kim Kardashian | Kourtney Kardashian | Lady Gaga | Megan Fox | Mila Kunis | Penelope Cruz | Rihanna | Scarlett Johansson | Selena Gomez | Victoria Beckham